5 Foods You Should be Eating to Nourish Your GutJan 02, 2023
If you've just opened the door to exploring more nutrient-dense foods and their incredible benefits, I suggest printing out a list such as the one below and putting it on your fridge. This will allow you to become more familiar with certain foods and how they can nourish your body and help you feel more energized. This will also make you much more confident when entering the grocery store.
Let's talk about foods that nourish the enteric nervous system!
For those of you who are not familiar with this system, make sure you check out our previous post. The ENS is responsible for operating your digestive system as a whole, connected to the brain. It's pretty damn important! With this nutrient-dense food list, we're taking it back to the basics because there's no need to complicate what you're putting in your body.
1. Salmon - This fish is full of omega-3, which can be anti-inflammatory to the intestinal lining and the brain. Healthy fats are essential to nourishing the nervous system.
2. Darky Leafy Greens (spinach, swiss chard, kale, arugula, etc.) are high in B vitamins needed to support the nervous system. They are also fiber-rich and considered food for good gut bacteria.
3. Grass-Fed Beef - Try always to buy local grass-fed if possible. It is rich in B vitamins, particularly B12. Vitamin B12 is crucial to the health and integrity of the myelin sheath (which is the thing that protects us from diseases like multiple sclerosis) that wraps around the nerve protecting it.
4. Blueberries are an excellent prebiotic and help keep you regular as they are high in fiber. They are also high in antioxidants which help fight inflammation. Strive for 1 cup a day!
5. Avocados - This is an incredibly well-rounded fruit! It's not in healthy fats but in indusium which,h is needed to support healthy nerve function. Avocados are also packed with B vitamins, vitamin K, and protein. You can add them to smoothies, salads, bowls, and brownies!
Being curious about why certain foods are beneficial or detrimental to your health is a decisive first step in taking control of your health!
Do you want a program that will support your whole health? Join our 10 day reset. We start on March 22nd.